Boomsie's Homemade Healthy & Tangy Cranberry Relish

This has been a holiday staple in my family for years. My mom and my grandma, Boomsie, made it together every year, hence, I am going to name it after her in her honor. I wasn't a huge fan when I was young, as it is pretty tangy. But now I LOVE it and cannot imagine a Thanksgiving meal with out it. It tastes awesome on a leftover turkey sandwich too! 

I should mention, you will need a food processor for this, or a blender with that option. I have a Ninja, and it blends quick! So you have to watch closely as to not over process it!

I modified the recipe as it used to require a TON of sugar...like sugar comma worthy, if the pumpkin pie didn't already have that effect. Ha ha. Anyways, if you like citrus, cranberries, and the mix of sweet and tangy, you will love this. And it is a beautiful colorful addition to your holiday table :) 

What you will need: 
-12 oz bag of fresh cranberries 
-1 orange, half the skin removed, half left on
-1/2 lemon (I used Meyer lemons, as they are a bit sweeter), skin on
-1/2 cup of agave nectar (it used to be 2 cups of sugar! YIKES!)

Now, the picture on the left shows where I have added the orange and lemon to the food processor first, blended, then add the cranberries and pulse until chopped, but in larger pieces. (This is how my family likes it.)

The second picture, is where I added the cranberries to the food processor first, blended, then add the citrus and agave and blended until close to a smooth constancy. 

Make it however you like, especially if you are a texture person. 

I garnished it with a Meyer lemon slice and mint leaves, just because I think pretty food somehow tastes better! ;) ENJOY!