Mediterranean Stuffed Salmon
with Lemon Arugula and Quinoa 

Salmon is not only super healthy, it's packed with protein and Omega 3's, but it is delish and can be cooked in so many ways! This is one my my favorite recipes I have ever created, it is perfect every time. If you want to wow someone you know who loves fish, make this ;) 

What you'll need for the Salmon:
 (this recipe was made for 1, so double or triple according to how many you are cooking for)

-4 oz of wild caught salmon(per person)
-3 minced garlic cloves
-1 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomatoes
-1 Tbsp chopped white onion
-5 Greek olives(I use kalamata), chopped
-4 artichoke hearts(you can use canned), drained and chopped
-1 Tbsp of feta
-1 tsp lemon juice
-dried basil to taste 

How to prepare it:
Preheat oven to 400. 
In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl, set aside. 
Take your salmon, and carefully slice it using a sharp knife, half way through lengthwise, being careful not to cut into two, or cut all the way to the ends...you want to create a "pocket" for the stuffing. Now, take the ingredients in your bowl and gently take it a little at a time and press into your "pocket" of the salmon. 
Place in a baking dish, I usually cook on foil or put a little olive oil in my pan so the skin doesn't stick. 
Top with a little more dried basil. Bake for 18-22 minutes depending on thickness, until salmon is flaky. 

Serve over a bed of quinoa or brown rice, with a side of arugula salad and voila! 

For the arugula, I mix in a separate bowl
-1 cup of arugula
-1/2 tsp olive oil
-1 tsp fresh lemon juice
-dash of sea salt
Mix well. 

The quinoa I used was red quinoa...you can use any type you like or brown rice. 
I just add a little fresh minced garlic and basil to mine, and cook according to directions.

I hope you enjoy! 

21 Day Fix approved: 
1 red, 1 yellow, 1 1/2 green, 1 blue, 1 orange, 1 tsp.