Super Easy Chicken Souvlaki 

I LOVE the flavors of Greek food. Perhaps because I grew up on feta cheese and olives. HAHA! But literally--- anything with Mediterranean flare and flavor, is for me! 

I whipped up this super simple chicken marinade to make an easy version of souvlaki! It is delicious on its own, on top salads, in wraps, or even as an appetizer for a get together! 

What you'll need:
-2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
-juice of 2 whole lemons (seeds removed)
-10 minced fresh garlic cloves
-2 Tbsp of dried oregano
-1/2 tsp of sea salt 

How to make it: 
Place your 2 lbs of chicken cubes in a large tupperware (that has a lid). Add in lemon juice, oregano, garlic and salt. Shake well, so that all the of the chicken is even coated with the marinade! Put the lid on. Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I personally like to make it a day ahead and let it marinate over night! :) 

You can cook it on the grill, in a saute pan, or bake it! 

I preheat the oven to 400. I put the chicken on wooden skewers (you can buy them at the grocery store or Walmart!), leaving a little empty room at the end so you can easily pick up the skewers. I placed the skewers on a foil lined baking sheet, leaving about a 1/2 inch of space between each skewer. I bake them for 20-25 minutes until chicken is all white (this will depend on the size of your chicken cubes!) And that's it! These also taste amazing the next day, so it is a great recipe to make extra of-- to have lunch or dinner for the next day! ;) 

This time, I served them with a saute of kale, tomato and garlic, topped with a little feta cheese! Enjoy!