Super Easy Taco Soup


I think I’m going to create a section on my blog here, called #momhack meals🤪🤪because let’s be honest, the struggle of getting little ones to eat healthier can be freakin’ R E A L.
I whipped up this taco soup last week in under 20 minutes and best part— my little dude has no clue it’s jam packed with veggies. It is delish! 
I love coming up with quick, delicious meal ideas that are on point for what I need as I follow my 80 Day Obsession meal plan AND that help him get the nutrients he needs to balance out the junk. 
He’d be a total junk food junkie if I allowed it! I do believe in teaching tiny humans moderation and balanced healthy lifestyle, too! Then, it is easier for them as adults! We have to set the example now! Do you agree? 
Riced cauliflower is so diverse and takes on the flavor of anything you mix it into! I even put it in my superfood shakes to create a creamy texture and get the added nutrients!


What you need: 
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or chicken 
- 1 155 oz can of beans, rinsed (I use black beans, great northern beans or kidney beans)
- 1 145 oz can of diced tomatoes or fire roasted diced tomatoes (these have a smoky flavor!)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 to 2 cups of bell peppers, diced 
- 1 to 2 cups of riced cauliflower 
- 1 to 2 cups of water (depending on consistency you desire)
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning 
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper 
- You can also add in fresh corn, extra beans (if you have a larger family and want to make more soup, cheap!) or brown rice

Other items I like to add as toppings:
- fresh cilantro 
- pickled jalapenos 
- plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) 
lime 
- shredded mexican cheese 
- avocado 


How to make it: 
Heat up 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. 
Add in 1 lb of ground meat, onions, diced bell peppers, taco seasoning and cook until meat it browned and veggies begin to softened, about 5-8 minutes.
Add in water, beans, riced cauliflower, diced tomatoes.
Cover the pot with a lid and let the soup simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes. That is it! 
Spoon taco soup into bowls and top with desired toppings--- like cilantro, jalapenos, greek yogurt, cheese! Enjoy!! 

SO simple right?! If you make it, let me know how you like it! 

Yes, this is a 21 Day Fix/80 Day Obsession approved meal!