Creamy Peanut Butter Bark


I used to absolutely LOVE making barks--peppermint, chocolate with more chocolate, the "garbage" ones that you top with a million kinds of candy and swirl into white or dark chocolate. But we all know, those aren't the greatest for you, or your waste line. Just the fact it has "garbage" in the name should have made me think twice...OOPS. Hind sight is 20/20, right?! :) 

Well, I figured out...how to make HEALTHY bark, that actually tastes super yummy and has no guilt! No garbage involved in this recipe. 

So...
If you love peanut butter, this one will become a favorite in your house, like it has in ours! My son loves it too! It is super creamy and a really yummy frozen treat. Disclaimer, they melt fast, so eat quick ;) 

What you'll need:
-1 cup low fat or non fat plain greek yogurt
-1 to 2 Tbsp agave nectar (depending how sweet you like things, I used 1 and you could use honey if you prefer.)
-2 to 3 Tbsp of powdered peanut butter (I used PB2) or 2 Tbsp of peanut butter, softened
-mini dark chocolate chips

How to make it:
Get out a medium sized baking sheet. Cut a piece of parchment paper to cover it, without too much overlap on the sides. 

In a bowl, mix your greek yogurt, agave, and peanut butter or powdered peanut butter. Mix WELL. If you use powdered, I suggest mixing with a fork so you don't end up with clumps. 


Then...spread evenly in a thin layer on top of the parchment paper on your baking pan. It will look like the picture above.
Add chocolate chips. Pop in the freezer for at least 3 hours. 

Once it is frozen into a solid piece, just use your hands and break into pieces. I prefer bigger pieces. You can throw it in a large Ziploc bag or tupperware to stay in the freezer, as it melts pretty fast once its out! :)

Viola! Enjoy! XO

When I make this for my son, sometimes I will also throw some crumbled vanilla wafers on it! 

(Yes...this is 21 Day Fix approved!)