Healthy Coconut Chicken Tenders & Pineapple Cilantro Rice

Coconut Chicken Tenders & Pineapple Cilantro Rice 

After following training for the Beachbody Classic and following a countdown to competition meal plan, I couldn't WAIT to start cooking again! I am a TOTAL foodie and LOVE flavor! Plus, I enjoy so much, spending time in the chicken coming up with new recipes for my little boy and I. This one was a WIN for him too-- and he's 3, that says a LOT ;)

Both recipes are SUPER simple!

Coconut Chicken Tenders
What you'll need:
-1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders, or breasts cut into strips
-about 2 cups of shredded coconut (I used organic, unsweetened)
-4 eggs, whisked well
-1/2 tsp ground ginger  
-2 tsps of honey
-dash of sea salt & black pepper

To make them: SO simple!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Have your chicken tenders ready to go and on a plate. Whisk your eggs, ginger, sea salt and black pepper together in a bowl. On another plate, have your shredded coconut ready for dipping. 

Now, take each piece of chicken, dip it in the egg mixtures, making sure you coat it well! Transfer right into the coconut and roll it around until it is well covered. You make have to press the coconut on a bit for it to stick! Place chicken coated with the coconut on a foil lined sheet or non stick baking pan. Repeat until you have done ALL the chicken.

Once they're all done, it will look like below! Now put them in the oven and get ready to make your rice! They need to bake about 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. I personally like to turn the heat up right at the end, to 400, for about 3 mins, to "crisp" and brown the coconut! :) 

(My son loves dipping them in ketchup and has no clue they're WAY healthier than the fried versions! MOM WIN! )


Next up...

Pineapple Cilantro Brown Rice
Isn't it pretty?! This would be great served with fish, steak or tacos, too!

What you'll need:
-2 cups of cooked brown rice (I use the 5 minute kind! ;) )
-2 cups of red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces 
-3 fresh garlic cloves, sliced
-1 cup of crushed pineapple, in juice (not syrup!)
-1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
-1 tsp of coconut oil
-sea salt and pepper to taste

How to make it:
First, I make my rice, according to directions. Set aside when it is done, or prepare the rest of ingredients while it's cooking! That's what I do- I am all about saving time! ;)

 Next, I sautĆ© my chopped red bell pepper and sliced garlic, in 1 tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat. I sautĆ© about 5 minutes until tender crisp then remove from heat. 

Then, get a big bowl. Put in the bowl-- your rice, peppers/garlic, crushed pineapple, cilantro. Mix well. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste! You can add a little lime juice too, if you like! 

Final product will look like below! (For 21 Day Fixers-- this makes 4 servings of rice. Each counts as 1 yellow, 1/2 green, 1/2 purple) 


Enjoy!! If you try it-- let me know how you like it! :)