No Bake Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough Balls 

Some of my fondest memories growing up, are from spending time baking in the kitchen with my mom, especially during the holidays! She always made homemade breads, muffins, and TONS of chocolate chip cookies! I now love, cooking with and enjoying treats with my son!

Since adapting to a healthy lifestyle, I do try to avoid the processed stuff! Not because I don't like them, but I'm not a fan of how they make me feel afterwards. Sugar crash and bloat, anyone? HAHA! And NO one wants to feel that way, especially during the holidays! A healthy lifestyle for me is NOT about deprivation, it's about balance and finding a healthier way to enjoy things I love!

Now, I can enjoy sweets and holiday themed treats (guiltless pleasures) and my son can too! Plus, we fully enjoy baking and the memories of time together in the kitchen feeling our best!!  WIN, WIN. 
These are SO YUMMY its seriously ridiculous to believe. 

I mean, you can believe in Santa for so many years, right? So, now you can believe in healthy holiday treats too! HAHA!!

How to make them:
Place all ingredients in a bowl. 
-2 scoops Chocolate Shakeology (or protein powder would work too, but you won't be getting all the superfood benefits, of course!)
-3/4 cup of creamy nut butter (I used almond butter)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp of pure cocoa powder 
-2 Tbsp of unsweet vanilla almond milk
-2 tsps of pure peppermint extract
-1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
-Crushed Andes mints or peppermint candies to top with 

Mix ingredients well in a large baking bowl, until it becomes a "cookie dough" like consistency. I personally like to mix it with my hands! (Yes, its messy! But that is half the fun of baking!)

Take small (about 1 Tbsp size) handfuls and press firmly in between your hands, as ingredients tend to be crumbly and you want them to stick together as you form balls. Once firm, roll into balls. They will have a similar consistency to fudgy brownies! Repeat.

Makes 12 cookie dough balls. Then, press the top into the peppermint candy or Andes mints! YUM!
I suggest you put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours before servings, as it really enhances all the flavors! Serve or store in the fridge! Store in the fridge! :) 

These will be an amazing addition to your holiday cookie swaps or holiday parties! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

(You could also add in nuts like walnuts of pecans in you like!)


21 Day Fixers: I personally count 2 as a "treat".